Progress so far on what is an old kit that fitted well together with few problems encountered during the build. This is a Potez 540 , another interwar French bomber which was obsolete by the time of the Spanish Civil War but endearing in an ugly duckling way. I have brush painted a layer of paint thinned with water (paint already thinned in the jar with Tamiya thinner) and will leave this to dry. A second thinned layer of paint will be added plus touch ups of the engines and elsewhere before brush painting a clear coat on and then the decals. I haven't yet decided whether to do it in Spanish Republican livery or French Armée de l'air. There is an annoying smear of glue on the cockpit canopy so I will add some battle damage to cover that!
Health wise I am recovering and dozing off each afternoon for a 'grampa nap' and yesterday I woke up with a start from a deep sleep at the computer with Sherlock sprawled across me! The antibiotics and pain relief is doing a good job plus plenty of rest. Otherwise I have completely ignored the news and apart from a couple of emails to work regarding some urgent jobs I have had no contact with work. It might that time for another nap so a short post today.
TTFN.

3 Comments:
Glad the rest and medicines are working. How much longer are you signed off for?
I have a couple of days booked off as leave next week and back to work Wednesday. Oddly enough I am looking forward to going back but I have no illusionsabout what I am returning to as a couple of colleagues have said it isn't good.
My heart goes out to you... that is truly awful. No-one doing the type of tough work you do should have to put up with what you have to tolerate.
Post a Comment
<< Home