Apart from work which is super busy I have focused on reading and music to keep me sane and balanced in these crazy times. I also received the new paints I ordered so I could crack on with the new build of the Lightning which has had some issues but is making progress.
The above photo gives an example of what I hope the finished build will look like hence the new paints in different shades of grey plus steel and aluminium which I had originally thought was the correct colours. I try to ensure I have the correct colour schemes for my builds but also using artistic interpretation as well. Painting, weathering, washes, etc...is what gives realism to the finished build and stops it looking like a toy. One consequence of the enforced lockdowns over the past year is that more people are modelling which is good but it has also forced up demand for models and increased prices.
I also bought some beers I hadn't tried before and this was amongst them...
At £4.00 a can and 9% abv it is not a session beer and to be treated with respect but my word, it is a fantastic beer and one I will buy again. Looking at their website and they have some interesting beers I would like to try but it has also sparked my interest in possibly trying some home brewing again which I plan to do later this year. I am back at work for two days next week and I then have twelve days off so I will look at ordering some beers for collection from my very local brewery. They only deliver on large orders but I can order and pay on line and then collect in person. I had a mini cask over the Xmas holidays which certainly added to the Xmas cheer but this time I will order some bottles or cans instead as I try a mixed case of beers. Having said that there is also the Message in a Bottle shop where I have more choice but I can also head back to Morrisons where I bought these recent beers and there is an excellent selection of Yorkshire and other beers and it is cheaper! Choices choices...What I am really looking forward to is having nearly two weeks off and having a complete break from work and the incessant demands made on me. I can then test the boundaries as to what is meant by taking exercise locally when I go out for my walks with my camera in hand. There are a couple of churches I want to visit and they are several miles away so this could be interesting but I am determined to visit them. But as a nurse out on community visits taking a well deserved break with my ID badge ready for perusal and visiting an isolated church with no other people around I should be ok. We'll see...
TTFN.


5 Comments:
Your NHS ID is undoubtedly enough to let you do absolutely anthing you like. Friends down south that I've been speaking to recently tell me that the traffic is much heavier than normal everywhere!
Because I found a special offer, I bought some beer for MrBW from Flavourly. He has yet to find any he doesn't like.
They seem to do so many special offers that it never works out at more than about £1.50 a 330ml can, often less.
I think he's had 2 cases of 24 so far (for £29.95 a case, delivered, with 2 included glasses, so £1.25 a can), and most (but not all) tend to be lighter beers.
What craft-type beers do Morrisons do that you'd recommend? MrBW likes all types of beer. Morrisons is the only place I can always get a slot for a grocery delivery, so I am mostly using them these days. It would be good to know what it is worth buying.
The traffic is almost back at normal levels but we have had roadworks, burst water mains, detours and more detours especially after a RTA on Friday morning. I had an 'exciting' trip into work via icy back roads with inviting dykes either side with large artics in front and behind. Yes, we have our ID badges and a letter from the chief exec citing us as essential workers as we are still doing many visits. This time around the majority of people want the face to face contacts and we agree as it is harder for so many the longer this lockdown goes on.
I had a look at the Morrisons website and the better selection is in store. Locally there are a lot of Lincolnshire and Yorkshire beers but if Mr BW sees it available I can recommend Williams Brothers and Broughton Ales, both Scottish Breweries. Your local Morrisons might have a selection of local ales.
http://www.quaffale.org.uk/php/county/S38 This might help for local breweries for you but one brewery I always recommend is Thornbridge and their beers are available in Morrisons and Tesco. Thornbridge Jaipur is wonderful and I had forgotten there is a wider choice of beers at Tesco online.
Gosh... who knew how good Morrisons craft beer selection is! Thornbridge Jaipur 8 for £10 seems to have jumped into Tuesday's delivery... thanks for the tips!
Brewdog's Nanny State appeals in the current climate!
It's pretty good for beers and Jaipur is lovely and I had one of their beers which tasted like Bakewell Tart.
It's worth looking at their website as they do some gluten free beers.
Post a Comment
<< Home