The back pain I have been complaining about is possibly not back pain as the last three days have shown and I shall be contacting my GP this morning. Having been through the NHS 111 on-line it confirmed my suspicions that this is a kidney infection. After two weeks of sleepless nights and increasing discomfort I will bite the bullet but very little sleep last night was the final straw. It has also gone beyond discomfort and is now incapacitating me.I discovered I could register on-line for appointments but you have to go to the surgery in person to do this! I might do that after the phone call today and bring my birth certificate along as they have the wrong date of birth for me. I did wonder why I got a flurry of letters and emails last July when they believed I turned sixty. I have some days off next week and thought of waiting until then but I think leaving this any longer is asking for trouble. I have been put off contacting the GP after last years shenanigans when I contacted them following the back injury after that incident. This was last March at the start of the corona panic and meeting 'Computer says no' several times I decided to leave them to it. But I have been up since stupid o'clock after a very early night and I really have left this problem for far too long.
The above picture shows progress on the new build and the AK True Metal is a wax paint. This is the aluminium one and I have a steel one as well. There are various metallic types and this is wonderful. You paint it on or apply with a cloth and then polish it for a shine. It needs a base colour, preferably black and after you have allowed a few hours for the base colour to dry this goes on top. I have a couple of aircraft kits which I want to paint as all metal so this is ideal.
The rest of the Potez 540 is described as 'Khaki Drab' but the box art shows it more as a green. I tried out various shades including Khaki drab and the best approximation is the one in the middle. It looks more greyish in the photo but in the 'flesh' it is a shade of green - blue. One of the problems when photographing completed models is getting the lighting right to show the true colours as we see them in the real. Several modellers have shown what they use with a white sheet / paper background, types of lighting and the cameras they use. One of the reasons why I bought extra lighting and I tend to use a sandy card background but at times white card. With the days growing longer and more natural daylight I hope to photograph them in the garden. I might try an experiment with my camera and set up this model when completed with different lighting, exposure, backgrounds, etc...I can then compare and contrast the results and improve my photographic skills.
Hopefully all is well with you folks and the weather is improving. Signs of spring all around us currently and a promised time table to reduce the lockdown restrictions has been announced. We'll see...
This mornings sunrise...the picture doesn't do it justice.
TTFN.



8 Comments:
Hope you get some joy out of your GP. Kidney pain is awful - I had a kidney infection when I was about 8 and I can still recall it.
All these different paints and finishes are a real revelation!
Do you know about the pop-up white nylon zip-up mini-tents you can buy from ebay etc for less than a tenner? Great for popping things in to photograph them. You point the lights to shine through from outside, and never again do you have photographic problems in dull light. When not in use they fold down to something about one and a half times as long as a kitchen roll tube, so don't take up much space.
Thanks for that BW, I shall look at eBay for the pop up tent.
Yes, very painful and I am now on antibiotics for the next week although sterilising with boiling water a tiny jam jar for my pee sample and using it was amusing! Blackcurrent and rum jam as well which should amuse the surgery staff. I suspect I will be off work for a couple of days as I was warned one side effect is drowsiness but I would welcome the sleep.
Modellers, like painters, could spend days talking about paints, brushes, thinners, clear coats, washes, etc... It's a frequent question on the different modelling groups and I keep learning new stuff.
Jam jar? There you go again, sending parts of yourself out for testing! ;)
Seriously, look after yourself. I've not had an infection like that or know anyone who has, but it does not sound fun.
When I was a kid I was more into building the model and not so much the painting. Probably because I was never as good at it as you. I'm happy you enjoy it.
Oh gods it's true, more samples going off! Any money in sperm donation? ;)
Thanks. Sue has suggested an afternoon nap as I had another disturbed night with several trips to the loo. I am drinking lots of fluids as suggested by the pharmacist. Tea, fresh brewed coffee (only in the morning) and water. But I got some sleep in between.
This kit is going together well and it was a review by another modeller who had built this kit who provided some useful tips otherwise following the instructions would have caused a major problem with the build. Slowly making progress.
Hope you get some results soon that will help with a treatment plan.
Thank you BW.
I tried to add a comment to your blog but failed several times, not accepted.
Sorry, it is there, it just went to the sin bin as it had a URL, but I have now released it!
Hope you're feeling bit better.
Thank you BW.
Post a Comment
<< Home