Friday, March 19, 2021

 This has become a weekly update as Monday to Friday I am generally busy at work and sadly knackered when I get in. I have today off and I had planned to do some admin work from home to catch up but common sense intervened and the modelling table beckoned me. Maisie rolling around the table and upsetting a cup of coffee put paid to that after an hours painting but it is wonderful to escape for an extra day. 


She spent a good hour grooming to remove the coffee but otherwise unharmed.


The latest build (LeO 451) and I have painted a first coat with three tone camouflage above and light blue below. A clear coat added and left to dry. I will experiment with oil paints for the camouflage and blend it in for a richer colour. The other aircraft is the Breguet 693 which became unstuck and fell to earth necessitating some TLC to repair it. The wheels are missing so a full search required tomorrow under the sofa. That sticky tape has now see two aircraft kiss the earth carpet!


More Maisie as the dedicated Maisie time is paying off and she is more affectionate, trusting and happier to move beyond the places she regards as safe spots and explore the house more. This winter has seen her adopting a preference for the warmth and comforts of indoor living rather than her semi-feral lifestyle.


I also acquired another new book as I am working my way through the to read pile and thoroughly enjoying my books again. As the TV is mediocre at best but otherwise generally rubbish I prefer to play music and read. This looks at pilots in the German Imperial Airforce during World War 1. I have also started watching some gardening you tube videos for vegetable growing as I have ignored the garden over the past eighteen months and I need to get back into it. I will stick with tomatoes, cucumbers and chillies as they are easy for me to grow and I have a lot of experience of those. I have to move the raised bed as I want to keep the Willow tree and I want to plan a garden that is easy to tend to  with raised tubs and large pots as Sue struggles with her health. In good news, my Mum has been offered a sheltered small bungalow and will soon move into it. Hopefully I will get to see her as the lockdown reduces and in her new place.

TTFN.

3 Comments:

Blogger Scoakat said...

Maybe Maisie is realizing the benefits of indoor living as she gets older. Good that she is more comfortable, but with spring she may get out again!

I look forward to what you do with the garden. We have a specific plan now, but it will be some work, for sure. Might be a bit surprising!

I also need to see my Mom soon. She is vaccinated, and I think technically I'm eligible starting on Monday, but it still might be some time yet.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

6:21 pm  
Blogger delcatto said...

Thank you Scott.
Sadly my back has gone again and I am resting so that I get back to work on Monday. I'm quietly pottering about and taking pain relief and I have my fingers crossed. I wouldn't mind but I hadn't even touched anything in the garden so why this has happened I don't know.
Yes, Maisie must be six years old now and she is enjoying her comforts.

8:36 am  
Anonymous Blue Witch said...

Will someone help your Mum move? Hope she settles in well.

Good luck with moving things aorund in the garden, but not before your back has recovered.

7:43 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home