Now it is finally completed...
A light black wash to make the rivets, etc...stand out and the aerial added. A simple out of the box build and fairly quick to complete. The Fokker DXXI is already built, painted and clear coated ready for the decals. There was nothing apart from a bare seat in the cockpit so I scratch built a few details in from my spares collection.
Unfortunately I didn't realise until I glued the canopy in place that I forgot to add the scratch built seats made from paper and plastic nor did I tidy up the painted canopy!
Interestingly, yellow is a difficult colour to paint on and there will be a second thinned coat to add to the patchy first coat. I usually paint a thin coat of white first as a base but decided to see how this turned out without that. I am considering a snow diorama for this as it wouldn't take much and is small enough to use a tin lid as a base for it.
The police are doing themselves no favours with their on-going interpretation of the law and a two tier approach to policing. If it applies to one group it applies to all in enforcing this nonsense. The drip drip feed of a digital vaccine (Health) passport is coming in and people are still cheering it on. Best I get in the garden and prepare it for those necessary vegetables. This system of a digital I.D. will soon be heading our way and yet people who predicted this was coming were decried as conspiracy nut jobs. Once in place it will not be going away and health issues including what is deemed to be in the public interest ( obesity, alcohol and drug use, wrong think ) can also be monitored by the state. Potentially it will be a cleaner, safer and quieter sanitised society with all of those irritating nuisances quietly removed from sight to a re-education camp or, if deemed no longer useful or necessary to a productive society, expunged. No more drug, alcohol, obesity, mental health or disability problems...no need for pensions either, job done.
You might say delcatto has gone beyond tinfoil hattery by now but twelve months ago I would never have imagined where we are now. Three weeks to save the NHS has morphed into the current craziness where this latest legislation has been rushed through and it seems everyone is angry with the government, the state and how the past year has shown up the huge disparities in society as lives, freedoms, jobs, livelihoods and the basic social interactions were and are being destroyed. Absolute madness!
I'll stop there. get some sunshine and fresh air in the garden and avoid going into a rant. It's interesting. one of the main themes I studied in history was protest, revolutions and dissent, from the Levellers to the Gordon Riots, Women's suffrage to MLK. The French revolution and the Russian revolutions (yes, there was more than one) and I would add to the mix the agrarian and industrial revolutions. The latter two because the world and societies have changed and in this post industrial society where so much has changed in the last forty years we are seeing, to use a film analogy, a quickening of the process of change and the state attempting to manage and direct that. It will end messily...
Happy Easter!
TTFN



2 Comments:
Couldn't agree with you more. Why can't most of the rest of the popoluation see where this is going?
Way back at the beginning of this mismanaged 'crisis' I posted a link to a video of how things were being contolled in China. Those red/green statuses on smartphones were the core of it.
Although how it will be imposed for those of us who don't have smartphones I have no idea. Perhaps we won't be allowed out at all?
I was looking to upgrade my phone as this one is several years old now but perhaps I won't. It does the basics and perhaps that is all I need.
Post a Comment
<< Home