Sunday, March 28, 2021

 


The dangers when cats and models meet...it rarely ends well for the model! This Stirling was placed in a quiet spot on its own causing no harm to any occasional passing soul and this is the picture Sue texted to me whilst I was at work.


Repairs later that same day but there are a few small pieces missing. The positive from this is that this will now be used as a training mule for experiments with painting and I shall have to buy a replacement kit, possibly a better one! That's one of the latest deliveries in the background.

This is the other delivery and both were cheap as chips with the Fokker D XXI on my to buy list for a long time. An old kit with very worn decals and the box was just about held together with ancient sellotape. The Messerschmitt ME 109 G12 I had never heard of and as a two seat trainer aircraft with an unusual canopy I just had to have it. These might be the builds for the Easter period  as they should be straightforward although the Me 109 has a vacuform canopy which I have never worked with before and a lot of tiny photo etched brass parts. More on that when I come to build it. I am currently working on the Messerschmitt 410 as a very quick out of the box build as it's a cheap kit and lets me practice my brush building skills.

All in all a delightful escape form the madness of pandemics, riots, the economic shitstorm that is coming and the real possibility of sanctions against those who refuse the vaccines that apparently don't protect one yet allow one to still acquire the virus and spread it to vulnerable people who aren't protected despite having received the vaccine? Plus the plans to vaccinate children who aren't at risk of serious harm or death from the virus with the unknown consequences of serious side effects. There are three of us in my team who have refused the vaccine and if we are removed from our posts which has been hinted at I suspect the team will collapse as we are so few in numbers.  Almost eighty patients to reallocate and a waiting list of over a hundred people for allocation to a team member plus the growing list of people awaiting assessment. That 500 million pounds  promised by the government is too little and too late and is a PR exercise by a government that has destroyed the economy. The interesting times we live in are about to become more interesting. Take care folks.

TTFN.


4 Comments:

Anonymous Blue Witch said...

"There are three of us in my team who have refused the vaccine and if we are removed from our posts which has been hinted at"

What?! Britain is in grave danger of becoming a police state i think.

7:56 pm  
Blogger Scoakat said...

While I'm pro-choice on many subjects as long as you are well informed, I'm speechless here. I guess I'm not well informed yet on possible outside requirements for what you put into your body.

My first shot is in a little over 3 weeks, but voluntary.

10:40 pm  
Blogger Scoakat said...

And this is a bit weird, but in a convoluted way I happened to just notice this:

Happy half-birthday today, Delcatto!

11:23 pm  
Blogger delcatto said...

Lol. Thank you Scott. 60 & a 1/2 years old!!


I am waiting to see what is said to us but we'll see. I don't think much can be done as Human Rights laws still apply and there really is no replacement experienced staff waiting in the wings.

7:07 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home