Thursday, April 29, 2021

 


Here is the latest arrival and yes, the box is battered and somewhat worn but it is over forty years old and when Sue texted me today it made my day! Earlier than expected and I have wanted one of these for a couple of years now. A good price and ten pounds cheaper than the next nearest one up for sale and free P & P. I have two Italian planes waiting in the wings (Groan!) now but I will save them for later and make some space with building some of the smaller fighters next. I sat at the table this morning and brought the Fiat CR 42 out for rigging when Maisie planted herself in front of me, belly exposed for some quality Maisie Time! Twenty five minutes later and she was asleep and purring with her head resting in my hand, absolutely relaxed, trusting and happy. A real change from the scrawny neglected just out of kitten hood and pregnant puss who moved in with us. Here's a photo of her supervising me last week.


So no quick half hour modelling fix this morning but I felt relaxed and happy knowing she is a very happy cat.


I have two colour schemes when I do build this kit but with aftermarket decals and a bit of jiggery pokery I might be able to build it as a Battle of Britain aircraft where several were used for reconnaissance. On one raid they were sent out to decoy the RAF fighters away from the real raid and remarkably these decoy aircraft were unarmed!  However, as I said I will...might...possibly...my resolve is already weakening build some of the smaller aircraft first.

Now to put my feet up, see what baseball game is being shown and watch that or finish off reading some of my books and losing myself for a brief while as I am transported elsewhere.

TTFN.

3 Comments:

Blogger Scoakat said...

Maisie is so cute! Glad she's happy.

I never realized the market for old model kits. I watch a Youtube channel (Curiosity Incorporated) of a Canadian buy/sell, general store guy and he recently got in scores of bins full of hundreds of vintage model kits. You'd have been set for life!

American baseball? Who's your favorite team? I'm not an avid fan but I do pay attention, and our Brewers are doing pretty good so far.

10:10 pm  
Anonymous Blue Witch said...

Most of my deliveries in the past few weeks (of supposedly brand new items) have turned up in worse condition...

8:44 am  
Blogger delcatto said...

I watched the Brewers playing LA Dodgers for an hour yesterday and the Brewers were winning but I'm afraid I dozed off! The next game in the series is on May 1st but it can be hit and miss which games are shown on TV here.
I don't really have a favourite team as yet, I enjoy watching it especially the pitchers and the intricacies in the play between the pitcher and batter. Sue likes it as well which helps although hints about getting Sky sports back for the golf and darts are being dropped! Maisie has become a real homebody now but we've noticed she has some stiffness in her back legs and we believe the damp and cold effect her.

I can well imagine BW! I was warned the box was in parlous condition and the contents were very well wrapped up in bubble wrap.

7:06 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home