Sunday, April 19, 2020

Good news...I received the text this morning saying my test is negative.
 Hooray! Naturally I shot off outside for a walk in the sunshine and fresh air after I texted work saying I will be in tomorrow. By all accounts things aren't too good for several clients at work with the Covid 19 lockdown as the straw that is breaking the camels back. So back to the chaos but I am pleased to finally escape this strange limbo where I knew I was well but I had to self isolate for a few days until this was confirmed. What is also confirmed for me is that last year was definitely Covid 19. Which is bizarre when one stops to consider that statement and what lies behind it. I had the virus and symptoms for a total of eight weeks when you include the irritating dry cough. Apart from the week I was off sick because of fevers, breathlessness and lethargy, the other seven weeks was spent at work, amongst work colleagues, visiting patients, GP surgeries and hospitals. I was unknowingly exposed to hundreds of people with Covid 19 and not the horrible cold I assumed it to be. Crazy...because governments have shut the world down down and tipped us into the economic maelstrom that now awaits us all. I have had to keep my mouth shut for the last several weeks because I have questioned why this approach is being taken and I remain convinced the virus is a convenient scapegoat for politicians, economists and bankers for the forthcoming depression. I sincerely hope I am wrong but sadly I don't think I am. Should I apply for my tin foil hat now? Anyhow, here is...


The above is where my latest work in progress has got to with a motorcycle combination to add to a diorama with the Stug.


The motorcyclist posed above has been cleaned up, assembled and some acrylic paints applied. Light layers of various shades of field grey, grey and blue will be added to to provide light and shade where needed to bring it to life. The same for the Stug as it is the painting that adds the realism to a model.
This will keep me occupied for the next few weeks as I will only have my days off to attend to it.

Fingers crossed that things will go more smoothly now and I am just pleased to be able to go out and about again. Keep well folks.

TTFN.

3 Comments:

Blogger Scoakat said...

Great to hear! But the way you spoke I thought so. This is something you just know, as you know. Good luck going back to work.

7:08 pm  
Anonymous Blue Witch said...

Good news.

Let's hope that virus doesn't mutate too much.

I still wonder where we'd be if that doctor in China hadn't spoken out when he did...

2:23 pm  
Blogger Bill Sticker said...

What dates were you ill with the cough in 2019? I ask because my wife and I had something similar in the first weeks of November. Flu-like but not flu. Dry cough that went down to the chest, recurrent fever and heavy cold like congestion of the sinuses.

3:56 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home