Saturday, December 24, 2016

Shopping for the feastival is done. Well, it was completed two days ago as we bought food in for the Christmas meal. That's all that is required because the shops are, by and large, open the rest of the time. We gawped at the trolleys piled high with supplies for a three week siege, with alcohol, turkeys and chocolate in abundance. Our modest trolley wheeled to the check out and then into the shopping trolley and a bag which we walked home as the cars queued around the block. Madness I tell thee...


I haven't been blogging much because of the discomfort in my left arm which is exacerbated by typing on the computer. After two weeks of poor and interrupted sleep I took two days off work and slept for hours. I must have needed it but because my arm is feeling so uncomfortable (pins and needles, shooting pains, numbness and feeling hot) I have difficulty getting off to sleep and find I am sleeping in. Not good for getting to work on time!


That's enough about health and back to the joys of the season. I donated money to charity instead of sending cards; bought presents for nearest and dearest and sent cards to the latter as well. A Christmas Carol is on this evening which I will enjoy watching for the umpteenth time. I am also listening to Christmas carols on the internet, some medieval and many from Tudor times. All getting me in the spirit of things. Drink aplenty is in including some excellent Belgian beers and Port and we are having beef for the main meal. No.1 son is having vegan pies and Mrs C is making vegan Yorkshire puds and gravy for us all. So a family meal after all. The cats and dog will inevitably be treated plus the inevitable scraps. I am looking forward to it.

I wish you all a Merry Christmas and joy, happiness and a celebration of whatever moves and delights you this Christ Mass / Saturnalia / Good Yule. Light, warmth, good food and drink and excellent company. Enjoy!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Blue Witch said...

Enjoy your festivities delcatto, and hope your arm is soon more normal.

I wonder how much of the food bought by these mad people will end up in the bin?

4:10 pm  
Blogger delcatto said...

A lot of it will be wasted and yet some people are struggling to get through each week.

1:15 pm  
Blogger Scoakat said...

Merry Christmas, Delcatto! Be well.

5:17 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home