Saturday, March 05, 2016

Well, that was an interesting week and one I shall be glad to see the back of.


The pooch went in for a variety of investigations with the upshot being an enlarged heart and shadows on her lungs. The vet wanted to perform an endoscopy but I suggested we do now know why she is poorly and I just wanted her to recover from the anaesthetic and come home. She will be on medication for her heart for the rest of her life which I expected but it has taken her thirty six hours to return to her usual self. She is currently lying beside my chair smelling of damp dog... unsurprisingly she is currently a damp dog and drying out by the radiator. She's happy and so am I. Short walks, lots of TLC and despite the diet she is now on, the occasional treat of a Jelly Baby which we discovered she adores earlier this year. With the recent pistachio and various treats incidents in mind, they are kept well away from both the cats and the pooch.

I have also sold off the Lexus as it failed the MOT test. The car was worth approximately £1,000 and the repairs required to pass the test amounted to £1,700. With the anticipation of the vet bills and on-going medical costs for the pooch I decided it was not worth it. After some negotiation it was a relief to get rid of it because it had become a bottomless money pit. I had a years enjoyment out of it but it has gone to someone who has the time, skills, place and tools to work on it. I have the time but none of the other attributes required. Interestingly, I had a discussion with Mrs C about ownership of a luxury car and how I had never felt entirely comfortable with owning one. A stupid belief but it led to our discussing why I would think that. I do feel more comfortable in the utilitarian Suzuki and that will serve me for the next few years.

With the anticipation of spring I had started on my plans for the garden but the arrival of sleet, snow, gales and more rain has put any work on hold. It is currently like a quagmire with more rain anticipated this weekend I shall put my plans on hold. A quiet day with football on the radio, keeping the mutt happy and the Quireboys for a livelier night ahead.

TTFN.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Blue Witch said...

So pleased that doggy is OK and still with you.

I think a lot of people drive 'luxury'/expensive cars to distract them from the real problems in their lives, rather than spending the money sorting out their real issues. Or maybe that's just the sad people around here?

6:39 pm  
Blogger Scoakat said...

Glad you and the dog are well. Your probably already at the venue, but I hope you have a great time with the Quireboys!

8:52 pm  
Blogger delcatto said...

Sadly I didn't make the Quireboys as the pooch was ill. She's ok now but boy, those vet bills mount up. I have to agree with you BW. It was one of the reasons I cycled for many years instead of owning a car. Cheap, healthy, more in touch with the world around one and easy to access areas that cars couldn't go. I think a post is needed for this.

11:12 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home