Saturday, January 23, 2016

I am just about back in the land of the living having suffered the mother of all nasty leurgys.
Losing my voice, fluids leaving various orifices, headaches, earache, coughing and deafness completely floored me. Stupidly, I continued to go into work and I then paid the price as my body reminded me I would have to stop. Lots of sleep, cold remedies, water and toast have finally brought me through. A work colleague has suggested that stress at work is having an impact and I have to agree. So I have decided to explore my options for a lengthy break and me / family time. The latter is important because my mother had her first treatment of Lithotripsy this week. The operative was excited by the size of her kidney stone hence a further treatment will be required to fully blast it. I suggested she request Motorhead as the sound waves of choice but I suspect they may have heard that joke before. I would like to pop down and see more of her rather than the occasional scramble to see her with me rushing there and back.

It is also that time when a Haggis and a wee nip may be on the menu this evening. Given my health this past week I will sadly forgo the whisky I received as a Christmas present. It'll last a few months longer and I will have a couple of Scottish beers instead.


I did briefly consider a vegetarian Haggis when I shopped for one last week but I opted for the original albeit in a plastic bag. I ignored the following...


Apparently one can also buy deep fried Haggis, Haggis in a bun, Haggis sausages, etc...
I am away to fill my face with Scottish culinary goodness. Mrs C and No. 1 son aren't enamoured of the Haggis at all. More for me... If you are celebrating have a Happy Burns Night!

TTFN.

4 Comments:

Blogger Scoakat said...

I'm glad you're feeling better, Delcatto, and hopefully your mom, too. You do seem to be in a stressful line of business and stress may weaken a body's defenses.

Oh, and enjoy your, um, dinner.
(Sorry, but - Ugh!)

11:54 pm  
Blogger delcatto said...

Lol. I know it's not to everyone's tastes but I'd recommend it.
The irony of this job is that a third of my case load are there because of stress, anxiety & depression.

10:04 am  
Anonymous Blue Witch said...

"The irony of this job is that a third of my case load are there because of stress, anxiety & depression."

The cobbler always goes worst shod, of course.

Do hope that you manage to get some time off to spend with your Mum and that she will soon be feeling much better.

9:11 pm  
Blogger delcatto said...

Thank you BW.

9:09 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home