Wednesday, November 30, 2011


Today is the much anticipated (by the media) public sector strike day. In a previous post I gave my reasons for voting against strike action because I believe the recent govt. offer was a good one. Happily I have today as a day off because I am working over the weekend and I did not have to cross any picket lines. It will be interesting to see the public reaction to the day of action although sadly I believe there will be further public sector strikes and industrial unrest.

No.1 son has a wisdom tooth coming through and he is not a happy bunny. I'll be taking him to the dentist for the first time ever and he is terrified. I am also having to pay for it because he is still unable to find work and he receives no benefits. I also googled some apprenticeship schemes and I have plonked those in his lap with instructions to apply for them. I have also suggested he consider any work going because I am no longer going to subsidise him. Mind you, he doesn't get any money from us but he is aware of the current economic realities and that any job is better than nothing at all. The glow in the dark nuclear apprenticeship could be interesting but he will be up against thousands of other applicants. There's always fruit / veg picking next year...
TTFN.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home