Saturday, July 24, 2010

My word...nine hours sleep last night and I felt marvellous upon waking up. Did I buggery! I crawled out of bed coughing and spluttering and wondering why I'd lost feeling in my left leg. An excited orange bundle of whimpering slavering hair greeted me as I stumbled downstairs to the kitchen for tea and toast. Toiletted, fed, watered and showered I was ready to face the world, as was the pooch. She gamely ignored the four swans as she paddled in the dock during fetch the stick. Mind you, I think they took one look at her display of excitable frenetic behaviour and chose to ignore her.






"Get up, get up, get up..."







I stuck to my plan of dog walking,some gentle gardening, shopping in the local market for real food grown locally and reading a good book with copious amounts of tea. Followed by a home made chicken curry this evening, what more could an honest simple soul ask for? Admittedly the vacuum cleaner emitting smoke as Mrs C. hoovered up was a minor blip in an otherwise excellent day. Especially since I now have to buy a new one but given its age and having to remove a shed load of cockerdor hair (labrador and cocker spaniel cross...double layer of waterproof hair) over the years, I guess it is time for a new model.
On the home front No.1 did not get the apprenticeship so he is now applying to other companies. We also bumped into a friend who works in the building trade and he will also ask around. However, with the stage work he did for 'The Feeling' and two days clearing the local scout park he has earned some real money. To say he is chuffed to bits would be an understatement. The stagework may lead to more of the same especially after his eighteenth birthday next March as his friend has suggested he may need him for further work (red tape "protecting children", health & safety, CRB, etc...no wonder there is no fucking chance of work for under eighteens!). As an end to a good day, a couple of beers and spotify for some good music. Nazareth, James Blunt and Ossie Osbourne I think. I can recommend his latest album 'Scream' by the way.
TTFN.

2 Comments:

Blogger Suzanne Jones said...

Aw, she's a real cutie.

Hope No1 Son gets sorted with something soon.

X

2:10 pm  
Blogger delcatto said...

Thanks Suzie.
She was frightened by a small toddler the other day who wanted to pat "the dodo".Pooches response was to hide behind me!

11:44 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home