Monday, July 12, 2010


















I appear to have leapt into the 21st century with the arrival of our new PC today. Smaller, quieter, touchscreen enabled and with Windows 7 it is a revelation. The old PC was, by IT standards, positively ancient although I was happy with it until a few weeks ago when 'glitches' started to occur. Sadly, the glitches presaged overheating problems, the fans working more noiseley than ever and increasingly it would seize up or just stop. After seven years I decided to bite the bullet and buy a new PC. I am astonished at how quick it is and particularly by how quiet it is. It is built in to the screen and takes up very little space...just marvellous. It has kept No.1 son happy as well and distracted him from his job interview this evening. As well as the anger problem he has been suffering anxiety attacks but this major distraction has helped today. Fingers crossed for tonight but I have every hope he'll succeed.
The weather broke today and it is raining...lovely, cool rain. We all managed to sleep last night although I have fallen victim to an annual problem which kept me up until 3 a.m. I have been bitten by a mossie on my right ankle and my foot is bright red, swollen and itches like blazes despite piriton, etc...I have given it four days to get better but with no success and it doesn't look good. So I'm off to see the doctor tonight and I will again be prescribed a course of anti-biotics. My precautions amount to paranoid levels of avoiding insect bites with Deet spray, anti-mossie candles, covering up my legs, etc...I walk the dog by the river and one of the little bastards finds the one uncovered spot and bites me! I think they have a taste for real ale...the mossie campaign for real blood. It also put paid to my walking plans as I am reduced to wearing carpet slippers.
I'm going to continue playing with my new toy and discover what other novelties await me.
TTFN.

1 Comments:

Blogger delcatto said...

'Noisily'...please excuse the poor spelling.

10:08 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home