Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Update: A further tantrum, more damage, harsh words exchanged and No.1 son has now accepted help - Anger and stress management arranged. Hopefully we will get this sorted but I have to admit it has been a bad week for all of us. I now have ten days off and my original plans have been altered to take account of recent difficulties. Local walks and relaxation will be the order of the day as I reflect upon the priorities in my life. I am also completely shattered after little sleep over the past week and emotionally wrung out.
Mrs C. has been made redundant again although she has some temporary work this week. The light on the horizon for her is a potential job offer starting in several weeks time. Time to tighten the belts again and frighten the cats and dog with the skewers and the Korean cook book! My son asked me yesterday what would happen if I was made redundant? I reassured him that I can always find work as experienced nurses are generally in demand. I would also see it as an opportunity because we are in a better position compared with many people and I will always find work. It might not be my preferred work but c'est la vie. As always, I'll keep a weather eye upon the wind changes especially now the govt. is starting to set out it's agenda for the NHS: GP's running 80% of the budget which may not be a bad thing until you realise that GP's are generally private practices but are contracted to work for the NHS. Privatisation via the back door perhaps? We'll see what happens although something certainly needs to happen.
Returning to plans for my days off I am reminded that I often plan to walk in the Wolds and get some photographs of local churches. So I will do that with gentle physical exercise for me and the dog plus spiritual exercise for my soul. Fingers crossed that the good weather will last.
TTFN.

2 Comments:

Blogger TheFatBigot said...

Deeply sorry to hear of recent events Mr C. Let's hope the anger management stuff does its thing and harmony is restored soonest.

9:45 pm  
Blogger delcatto said...

Thankyou FB. The sun is shining so carpe diem is the motto

9:30 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home