Friday, July 02, 2010

It has been an interesting week in that after the positives of last week No.1 sons temper caused problems this week. As per usual after an argument with his girlfriend he lost his temper but this time he trashed the place. Damage to a door, furnishings and Mrs C. and the dog left cowering in the corner, all whilst I was at work sixty miles away. He now knows where we stand and I have pointed out the YMCA as his next home if he ever does this again. I have also stopped his allowance apart from subs for scouts and I have stopped giving him lifts. He has a bicycle for transport and I have explained that jobs don't magically appear by looking at the internet. He has to get off his arse and look for work if he wants money, even a job for ten hours a week. His comment several weeks ago that only old women take on cleaning work and the Poles take all the good jobs met with a robust reply. Care homes are always looking for staff and maybe caring for people with dementia may help him comprehend some of the realities of life.
To say I am upset and furious is an understatement and I have waited a couple of days to post this. Sadly, there have been a number of these incidents over the past year and this was the worst one and the final one. Property can be repaired or replaced but the threats and intimidation of his mother is not acceptable. He has asked about anger management and that's something I am looking into. Tough love but if he doesn't behave himself he will have to accept the consequences. I would report good news and fluffy items of interest but sadly I am too tired and this incident has overshadowed the whole week.
TTFN.

2 Comments:

Blogger Scoakat said...

ooooh- best wishes, Del. I don't have kids, but I remember acting up too much sometimes when I was that age. It's not pretty.

5:10 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not just min that being a sod then, i wouldn't dare talk to my mother like my kid talks to me, although think my tempers slightly worse than the kid and he always knows when to back down...what happened to the days when a good slap was allowed. em x

4:58 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home