
I popped along to see my GP today.I possibly have a femoral hernia although further tests are being requested.Not quite the full blown assimilation within the Borg collective but surgery is one option. I have plumped for the non-surgical approach for now of diet, rest and avoid weight lifting competitions. I have been prescribed a 'treatment' at Slimming World and I have twelve sessions courtesy of the NHS to start me off. The thought of surgery and avoiding it is certainly a big incentive. I'll attend my first session next week. Oddly enough it is not surgery itself that frightens me, although the thought is certainly extremely scary. It is being anaesthetised and being under the control of others. I might wake up and discover my brain transplanted into a dog or a Simon Cowell clone. Having said that, tonight I will have a couple of beers as I plan my healthy living shopping list. How many calories in beef dripping? That's a natural product, isn't it?
On the winter weather front, I left the surgery and immediately I was presented with a dilemma. An older woman had slipped over on the ice and I offered her friend help to get her up. Only I couldn't as the possibility of surgery would become a strong probability if I helped to lift her up. Happily I only had to guide and reassure her as she insisted on getting herself up. Slippery ice and the elderly do not usually make for happy endings.
The other irony is the Xmas exercise bike which I bought so as to get fit and I am now unable to use it. I can still walk the dog (slowly!) although I have comments regarding the whereabouts of my horse. Back to the soft cushions and rest.
TTFN.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home