It's Burns Night and here I am without a wee dram, a haggis or the skirl of the pipes to my name.

He knew good honest food hence his address to the haggis as well as a sideswipe at those who were quick to ape the English and French. I'll buy a couple of haggis' in on payday. They'll be reduced in price then so another good Scots tradition upheld! Coming from Ulster on my mothers side I am sure the Ulster Scots traditions in diet, etc...crept in. Although I'm sure the only orange order my family held to was at the greengrocers for Spanish navels. As for a wee dram...again I'll have to wait for payday. One particular favourite of mine...

As for the pipes...I prefer Uilleann and Northumbrian pipes.
TTFN.

He knew good honest food hence his address to the haggis as well as a sideswipe at those who were quick to ape the English and French. I'll buy a couple of haggis' in on payday. They'll be reduced in price then so another good Scots tradition upheld! Coming from Ulster on my mothers side I am sure the Ulster Scots traditions in diet, etc...crept in. Although I'm sure the only orange order my family held to was at the greengrocers for Spanish navels. As for a wee dram...again I'll have to wait for payday. One particular favourite of mine...

As for the pipes...I prefer Uilleann and Northumbrian pipes.
TTFN.
2 Comments:
It seems that my drinks cupboard still mainly consists of the numerous bottle of JD I acquired for my 40th.
Fortunately there are a couple of single malts loitering amongst them so I'll be playing the "rude not to" card...
I'm sure Rabbie would have taken to JD if it had been available. But Malt in the house and Burns Night...it's a given.
Post a Comment
<< Home