Friday, January 23, 2009

....and relax.
Eight day stretch with the last two at the university as I train for the new post. Lots of driving and my arse is numb. Plus delightful weather just to spice up the journeys. At work, unfortunately, the floodgates have also opened as the bills, the recession, relationship breakdowns and house repossessions lead to the 'inevitable' for some people. We're only just three weeks into the new year!














I'll not say too much about work or the recession because there are other blogs, far better than mine, which cover those subjects.
It's odd having training from a social work perspective. I don't have to wear the obligatory corduroy suit & sandals, nor do I have to subscribe to the Grauniad...yet. I do listen to Radio 4 but I draw the line at the archers...dreadful tripe. Three days off now and I intend to do as little as possible, although having no money does limit my options this weekend. Some beach walking with the mutt and I'll bring the camera along with me. Maybe I'll scrape up enough for a proper pint in Willy's.
TTFN.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home