Friday, December 26, 2008













I sit here in my new socks, pants, t-shirt, sipping a fine ale and smelling sweetly of sea scents whilst listening to Jools Holland. Yes...presents from Santa unwrapped and utilised. I am also rather too replete with mince pies, turkey, chocolate, etc...All this despite having worked over the last two days, sprinkling crisis glitter and tinsel over the needy. I hope you all had a lvely (insert i or o) Christmas and got what you wanted.
Work itself has been steady with assessments of people with alcohol problems, debts and police requests regarding those who after too much booze decided to take on the world and its brother. Having failed in that singular endeavour and in an attempt to avoid the full impact of the law they then claim to be 'mentally ill'. A headache and listening to Barry Manilow does not count as a serious mental illness. On the plus side we have supported some lovely people who appreciated the extra support. Ensuring they could enjoy Christmas and help was there when needed really pays off.
As for the interview....I clearly am not management material in the 'new NHS'. C'est la vie. I can quietly continue in the job I enjoy and focus my efforts upon extra curricular activities. Namely my studies and a desire to complete my degree. I have some plans for a couple of years time which have little to do with my work but will bring me a lot more satisfaction, especially since they will lead nicely into my eventual retirement in several years time. It feels odd thinking about that but there is a general feeling amongst us older, experienced staff that we are necessary to hold things together but that we are not appreciated by management. We don't look pretty, speak PC or think in the prescribed PC way. Oddly enough the patients like us and I'll be fucked by red arsed baboons before I use 'service user' to describe the people we work with. That is more appropriate for passengers of the local bus services, not the poor sods who are being told they have more choice and are being 'empowered' but can see the emperors new clothes for what they really are.
Semantics, shemantics...same antics...I'll step out of rant mode now. It is Christmas and the season of goodwill to all. Enjoy the rest of St. Stephen's day and TTFN.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home