Wednesday, December 03, 2008













First cold of the season and I am going through tissues like nobody's business. Bleugh is all I will say about it. Every second person I meet appears to have the leurgy. Kleenex must make a fortune from snotty people and horny teenagers.
Despite having manflu I manfully made my way into work where the heating is currently off. One of those great ideas: the boiler needs replacing so let's wait until December. Other marvellous ideas include Kosher pork scratchings and DIY nipple piercing kits for the blind. Coupled with that were the several power cuts because the plug in heaters overloaded the circuit. Bracing does not begin to describe it...
I now have two days off in which I can subject myself to the rigours of Christmas shopping. Several presents are still needed including the difficult one for my mother. Plants are a favourite so I guess I'll get her some of those and deliver them to her abode in the land of the East Saxons just before Christmas. At least that was my plan. I may have to pop down there earlier than planned because I am again taking the plunge. No, not baptism....I have applied for another job. Again in the managerial line and it is quite exciting. I hadn't planned to go for any new jobs until next spring but the email popped up and caught my eye. It's local and is a great opportunity. However, I will prepare myself both as a clinician and a manager "Become one with the suit". The interview is just before Christmas so I have a couple of weeks to prepare. Bone up on national policies and how to apply them locally. What can I offer apart from my scintillating coversation and twinkly smile apart from NHS manager speak? I could always think of myself as a product and how best to sell that product. 'Lardy nurse, been round the block a few times and one careful owner. The usual rattles, shakes and damage for a model of this vintage. MOT'd 'til September 2009. Will chuck in furry dice.Open to reasonable offers'.
TTFN.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home