Saturday, November 15, 2008


















I am a happy bunny!
We bought a breadmaker this morning and what made it even better was the 25% reduction in price. It is stretching the bounds of credibility by describing myself as joining the ranks of bakers, even the very talented, brave and beautiful Josephine above. But it makes bread so as a real baker friend of mine would say, "Job's a good 'un".
We also gave No.1 son his Christmas present early. It's a laptop but it means the PC is free and he can concentrate on his music, networking school work. It keeps him happy and apart from his lip to his parents he is a good lad. So all in all a happy household with smiles all round.














News on the pub front is that it has reopened under temporary management from the pubco. Alas, no real ale until next week but as I am now broke I can wait until payday. Rumours abound regarding previous management and what was believed to be the new management. I guess, rather than jump on the bandwagon and fling ordure at various people, I will wait until the true facts come out. As a Camra member I have a very low opinion of many of the large pubco's so I won't be surprised to find any crap can be laid at their door. It's a business but for local people this is our local pub. As with post offices and corner shops so with pubs: they matter to ordinary folk (I'm avoiding saying local people because Royston Vasey comes to mind!). Government, national and local, appear to miss this point and despite statements of listening to the public, they clearly don't. What's the answer apart from politicians / wall / rifles? But I am a happy bunny as I await my first loaf from the breadmaker so no negative vibes. I'll compare it with oven baked although my last effort last week was very poor. I didn't knead it enough and, although it tasted nice it was rather small and dense.
TTFN.

3 Comments:

Blogger Seany said...

It is a sound investment - I've only bought one loaf since I got my machine and that was because Little Niece & Nephew prefer the square white variety

1:14 pm  
Blogger delcatto said...

Mmmmmmmm....fresh bread.
It's a bit moreish...too much so.

4:25 pm  
Blogger Karate Jim said...

Yes, we have stopped using ours while we try to shed a few stone! The bread is very tasty and even tastier hot and smothered in butter. As it never tastes quite so nice cold, the loaf is usually gone before it gets to that temperature! Mmmmmmm indeed!

9:31 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home