Well that was interesting.
What was I hear you ask? Shopping for Christmas lights for the window after the newcrap lights from Tesco failed to work. Why would I want to exchange these non-working lights for the same product which also would not work. After trolling through various shops we found the correct* lights which I have now stuck on draped artistically over the window. Mrs C and I made it in and out of the shopping centre before the hordes descended.
We decided, apart from the laptop for No.1, to spend only a small amount on Christmas presents for nearest and dearest. As I am working over Christmas we also agreed to buy only what as necessary for the day itself. A good dinner with the usual trimmings and only a few festive fayres for the occasion. Why people have to stock up for a siege I just don't know.

We're waiting for the
January sales.
Working over Christmas isn't all that bad. We will have our regulars whom we'll see and ensure some people get to the organised Christmas lunches (The Salvation Army organise this). Sadly, some people have no one and we are amongst the people they turn to. There are some scrooges in the department who whinge about this but I say bollox to 'em.
Looking at the turkeys above reminds me of the time I worked on the turkey farm in Israel. I also briefly worked nights artificially inseminating turkeys! Funnily enough it was some time before I ate turkey after that (during my veggie years). Free range is better and not the large sheds many of them are farmed in. Talking of food and beasties I must away and buy in food for our little beasties. We had to prise the cats from their various hiding places this morning and turf them out. No snow but very cold, very wet and blowing a hoolie out there.
TTFN.
* Cheap and cheerful.
What was I hear you ask? Shopping for Christmas lights for the window after the new
We decided, apart from the laptop for No.1, to spend only a small amount on Christmas presents for nearest and dearest. As I am working over Christmas we also agreed to buy only what as necessary for the day itself. A good dinner with the usual trimmings and only a few festive fayres for the occasion. Why people have to stock up for a siege I just don't know.

We're waiting for the
January sales.
Working over Christmas isn't all that bad. We will have our regulars whom we'll see and ensure some people get to the organised Christmas lunches (The Salvation Army organise this). Sadly, some people have no one and we are amongst the people they turn to. There are some scrooges in the department who whinge about this but I say bollox to 'em.
Looking at the turkeys above reminds me of the time I worked on the turkey farm in Israel. I also briefly worked nights artificially inseminating turkeys! Funnily enough it was some time before I ate turkey after that (during my veggie years). Free range is better and not the large sheds many of them are farmed in. Talking of food and beasties I must away and buy in food for our little beasties. We had to prise the cats from their various hiding places this morning and turf them out. No snow but very cold, very wet and blowing a hoolie out there.
TTFN.
* Cheap and cheerful.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home