
From Saturday it is 'Visit your local pub more often and drink real ale week' - It's easier to say 'Community Pubs Week'. I shall pop in a few times to my local and do my bit as opposed to my current once a week visits. Much as I like an attractive barmaid (Hello Emma) I would be over like a shot if my hero was serving the beers....

Archaeology, real ale and the blues...a man after my own heart.
He has a passion for field archaeology and wears his passion on his sleeve.
To get in practice and because I am working Saturday evening, I'll pop over tomorrow night for a pint or two.
I also found out yesterday that Fairport Convention are playing at the Pier, Cleethorpes on the 26th Feb. I shall hopefully be bopping and singing along with the rest of them. A band I only discovered five years ago and one I haven't yet seen....when I found out about the gig I was like a dog with two tails anticipating breakfast. Finances are tight but I guess I'll rummage around the furniture for stray coins.
Time to check the Valentines meal I am cooking. Yep! Mrs C and I give Val's day a wide berth - commercialised crap. A curry and an excellent beer tonight followed by football on the telly. How's that for culture?
TTFN.
2 Comments:
Have a good evening - hopefully I'll catch up with you both tomorrow
Sadly, the shekels are in short supply and it's a quiet night in.
Post a Comment
<< Home