Thursday, December 07, 2006

Civic images...

I set out for Sleaford in the dark, assailed by howling winds and the monsoon. I very nearly met my maker overtaking a lorry on the way there.Cue clenched sphincter moment. Just arrived back via Lincoln and bright sunshine! I am sure I saw daffodils on the way home. I now carry suncream and a raincoat in the car with options to borrow a sled and some huskies from a friend.
I looked up images of Sleaford and I was directed to the following images...














and...















I have been to Sleaford several times and it is a lovely little place. But I think someone in the tourist office there needs to post some better images to the net immediately. American tourists looking for that 'quaint Lincolnshire experience' (not involving sheep) will click on images of Sleaford and find...?
The other images involved a tourist guide in Serbo-Croat and pictures of a bus and the railway station. I think someone had a bad childhood there and these images reflect that experience.
I typed in images of Grimsby and pictures of attractive young women, flowers and sweet scents appeared*...although I didn't know who Roger Grimsby was (I do now). I daren't tell you what I found when I typed in Scunthorpe!
TTFN.

*You'll go and check now, won't you!

3 Comments:

Blogger Cherrypie said...

I think I just found a relative x

7:14 pm  
Blogger Seany said...

I can't believe I clicked the link for "sphincter"- what the hell did I expect to see?! (Certainly nothing as stomach-churning as the actual result)

9:58 pm  
Blogger Seany said...

Wow! I've not played the Goggle game for a while. If you search for images of "Seany Grimsby", the second image is a picture of me!

10:15 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home