Feathered friends...

Today we made a teepee, wore feathers in our hair and we created the tree of life. Yes, we had our team building day almost two years to the day since we first started.

All in all it was a fun day where some serious team issues were partly addressed and we ate a damn fine lunch. First proper thankyou for all our hard work I have had in the NHS in several years, unless you count free pens and mousemats from the drug companies as well as the backache which is obligatory for all nurses long in the tooth. I say that serious issues were partly addressed because our main problem is leaving for another job in the new year...cue warm glow of satisfaction.Hence the main problem will be resolved.
Apart from the enjoyable team building, and before you Daily Maul readers whinge,I worked very late last night and was back at work for 07.30 prior to the fun and games, I have had to pinch myself today. Eighteen days to Chrimbo and it was like a mild spring day. My mother was out mowing her lawn this morning! Where is the frost? Why the snow no show? Is it global warming or part of the natural cycle of change?
I blame the lack of belief in Father Christmas and this is the punishment for that lack of belief. I'll be having Christmas dinner on Mablethorpe beach at this rate of change, emulating the Aussies with a barbie on the beach. So if we all believe we might well have a white Christmas.So I'll be putting out the traditional mince pie and the glass of port I know Santa enjoys so well. There's always crumbs and an empty glass each Christmas morning.
TTFN.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home