Blog the ball...
The house is tranquil, with the soft buzzing of insects in the garden and birdsong to delight the ear...How the hell would I know, I worked the weekend. But it was a good weekend...Town beat Boston at home, coming back from 2-0 down. I heard the second half on the car radio, BBC Lincolnshire for their unbiased commentary. I parked up and walked into the house. Kettle on, brief chat with Mrs.C. and turn the kitchen radio on for more woe as we were 2-0 down. Bloody hell, 2-2!! I'd missed the best bits but more was to come...a winner. Isaiah Rankin and Peter Bore provided the goals, the latter on his debut !! I also found out why BBC Humberside was not broadcasting Town matches; some disagreement over money. Some of us work Saturdays and can't make it to matches. Town and the BBC, sort it out.
I also managed to complete a project for work which was long overdue; pressure of real work and my inherent idleness. But it's done and,sadly, will lead to a lot more work on said project including some major presentation to academics and other bods.
Sadly, two blogs have recently hit the rocks: Diary of a Septuagenarian and Girl with a One Track Mind . The former is an original and often informative view of the world from the perspective of a truly grumpy old man. I often chuckled at his remarks and I was occasionally annoyed by some of them. I certainly take a different viewpoint regarding Israel but sadly he is now calling it a day. I'll miss his weekly missives and I quite grew to like him, a real gentleman. The girl is as far away from the Septuagenarian as one could get, but sadly she has now been 'outed'. This will I believe lead to a change in her blogging style and substance at the very least. Both are original in their perspectives and give one a lot of food for thought.
I opt for the 'heads down' blog style; I avoid blogging about work and my politics tend to be left of centre, although I am a supporter of Israel. However, there are more than enough political blogs to satisfy those who want to debate Westminster or the middle-east, or to just rant and rave.
I now have to head off to work and phew, it's humid.
TTFN.
I also managed to complete a project for work which was long overdue; pressure of real work and my inherent idleness. But it's done and,sadly, will lead to a lot more work on said project including some major presentation to academics and other bods.
Sadly, two blogs have recently hit the rocks: Diary of a Septuagenarian and Girl with a One Track Mind . The former is an original and often informative view of the world from the perspective of a truly grumpy old man. I often chuckled at his remarks and I was occasionally annoyed by some of them. I certainly take a different viewpoint regarding Israel but sadly he is now calling it a day. I'll miss his weekly missives and I quite grew to like him, a real gentleman. The girl is as far away from the Septuagenarian as one could get, but sadly she has now been 'outed'. This will I believe lead to a change in her blogging style and substance at the very least. Both are original in their perspectives and give one a lot of food for thought.
I opt for the 'heads down' blog style; I avoid blogging about work and my politics tend to be left of centre, although I am a supporter of Israel. However, there are more than enough political blogs to satisfy those who want to debate Westminster or the middle-east, or to just rant and rave.
I now have to head off to work and phew, it's humid.
TTFN.
1 Comments:
Shame about the Girl.
Personally, I'm quite content to keep blogging absolute bollocks so nobody cares who I really am, or what I do for a living!
Post a Comment
<< Home