Strange days...indeed.
A strange day...
No.1 son has repacked for camp for the umpteenth time as he goes tomorrow. Some 'extreme' gardening...I attacked a bush which had taken on triffid like proportions. Watched a JCB remove lots of crap from the building site behind the house.Drank lots of tea and walked muttley.Chatted with neighbours. All in all a perfectly normal day.
Yet it feels odd. Did my beer have hallucinagenics in it last night or have I reached the next age of man, moving from prime of life to middle-aged twat overnight?
Baby - Aaah!
Child - Discovery.
Adolescence - Satan, Satan, Satan!
Adult - Hunter / Gatherer/ Party.
Parent - No sleep 'til...
Middle-age - Twattery.
Old-age - "In my day..."
Mind you, there might be seven ages for women and one age for men, a continual childhood.
It could even be the lack of sunshine and a typicalautumnal August day...grey but warmish. Whatever it is....stop it now!

JCB and crap gone.
Finally, I am catching up with 'Listen Again' Cambridge Folk Festival. Nickel Creek playing their interpretation of 'Toxic' by Bertney Spears....Priceless!
Emmy Lou Harris, Richard Thompson, John Tams and Barry Coope,Chieftains, Capercaillie...fantastic. I am going to have to go to next years festival.
A winner on every count: Good music, good beer and camping...and I might catch up with old friends. I'd better start saving my shekels from now on.
TTFN.
No.1 son has repacked for camp for the umpteenth time as he goes tomorrow. Some 'extreme' gardening...I attacked a bush which had taken on triffid like proportions. Watched a JCB remove lots of crap from the building site behind the house.Drank lots of tea and walked muttley.Chatted with neighbours. All in all a perfectly normal day.
Yet it feels odd. Did my beer have hallucinagenics in it last night or have I reached the next age of man, moving from prime of life to middle-aged twat overnight?
Baby - Aaah!
Child - Discovery.
Adolescence - Satan, Satan, Satan!
Adult - Hunter / Gatherer/ Party.
Parent - No sleep 'til...
Middle-age - Twattery.
Old-age - "In my day..."
Mind you, there might be seven ages for women and one age for men, a continual childhood.
It could even be the lack of sunshine and a typical

JCB and crap gone.
Finally, I am catching up with 'Listen Again' Cambridge Folk Festival. Nickel Creek playing their interpretation of 'Toxic' by Bertney Spears....Priceless!
Emmy Lou Harris, Richard Thompson, John Tams and Barry Coope,Chieftains, Capercaillie...fantastic. I am going to have to go to next years festival.
A winner on every count: Good music, good beer and camping...and I might catch up with old friends. I'd better start saving my shekels from now on.
TTFN.
2 Comments:
Ahh... memories (aside from it almost being the view from my old back bedroom window).
Top centre, my old infants school assembly hall, just below there I used to sit in Miss Ottley's class and tucked just behind there out of view is the school kitchen where Mum used to work
Proper school meals...hot and filling...
Post a Comment
<< Home