Bangers...
I went to a lovely barbecue yesterday and remarkably I had only the two glasses of mild....I was driving but I have belatedly found I cannot drink too much in this hot weather.the BBQ was thoroughly enjoyable with excellent company and food.I am working later today so I am relaxing prior to girding my loins for the day ahead.
The BBQ set me thinking as to my favourite sausage...titter ye not!

I like to try new recipes and there have been many weird and wonderful sausages over the years. But I do like good ingredients and taste. So a nice pork sausage with herbs, Lincolnshire or Cumberland do feature often on my plate. Pork and apple, Greek or Toulouse sausages are also regulars. I have tried varieties with cheese,chilli, peppers, wine,etc...added which are fine on the odd occasion.Also wild boar, ostrich, the list is endless. So a mixture for the BBQ perhaps but good simple ones for bangers and mash or toad-in-the-hole....with a good gravy naturally.I'll never lose weight on this lot!
Are there any tasty low fat sausages out there? Real taste, not the bland miserable excuses for low fat snorkers in the supermarkets. I guess it's like the holy grail in beer...a genuine real ale that makes you lose weight as you drink it.A bit like sausages made from flying pigs! I'll keep drinking beers until I stumble across it one day.
TTFN.
The BBQ set me thinking as to my favourite sausage...titter ye not!

I like to try new recipes and there have been many weird and wonderful sausages over the years. But I do like good ingredients and taste. So a nice pork sausage with herbs, Lincolnshire or Cumberland do feature often on my plate. Pork and apple, Greek or Toulouse sausages are also regulars. I have tried varieties with cheese,chilli, peppers, wine,etc...added which are fine on the odd occasion.Also wild boar, ostrich, the list is endless. So a mixture for the BBQ perhaps but good simple ones for bangers and mash or toad-in-the-hole....with a good gravy naturally.I'll never lose weight on this lot!
Are there any tasty low fat sausages out there? Real taste, not the bland miserable excuses for low fat snorkers in the supermarkets. I guess it's like the holy grail in beer...a genuine real ale that makes you lose weight as you drink it.A bit like sausages made from flying pigs! I'll keep drinking beers until I stumble across it one day.
TTFN.
1 Comments:
I think you have to go a long way to better* the good old Lincolnshire sausage.
Althoug I do recall a delicious lamb & rosemary sausage served with minted mash & gravy. It was a long time ago in a branch of a well known pub chain I will no longer patronise, so I'll have to make my own now I guess.
*edited from original as I thought "beat" was giving way to my inner Finbar Saunders. Fnarr! Fnarr!
Post a Comment
<< Home