Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Metropolis...

Phew! Showered and fed in roughly that order.Another day in the great metropolis with fine views of the cathedral, especially after I took the wrong turning and ended up beside it.






Courtesy of John Copeland Esq.







I've only known the city several years now, including many of the seedier parts (work related!!) and I take a wrong turning. I need a holiday to recharge my batteries which of late have been battered...and deep fried in this weather.Anyway, I made it to an excellent presentation from an esteemed colleague and discussion afterwards. The trouble is, I am always working when I go to Lincoln and I never have time to stop off and enjoy the delights on offer. i.e. Good pubs and places of interest. The last time I went in the cathedral was when my father came over several years ago.So when I have time off later this year I shall go and play tourist. The castle is well worth a visit and I was last there when the Sealed Knot were in town. Sadly I had no camera at the time but I thoroughly enjoyed myself. Even No.1 son thought it was a good display. Tis the season for re-enactors and they are in Lincolnshire at The Heckington Show .







Currently drinking Wychwood's Wychcraft Ale which (sic) is smooth and goes down well.












Music of choice: The Stone Roses is still the platter that matters...well, hard drive.
TTFN.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home