Happy shopper blues...

Courtesy of Misty
I heard on the radio about HMV 'slashing' prices because the company has lost profits to the supermarket chains, hence the need to recoup some monies.
Just like the sweet music of the pied piper I heard that call and I was over to the nearest store in a trice...which I had to park up outside.
What did I buy?
Elton John - 'Goodbye Yellow Brick Road'; an album I had heard various songs from and, although I am not a great EJ fan, this is a pretty good album.
Nick Drake - 'Made To Love Magic'; I had heard the Nick Drake programme on Radio 2 earlier this year and I thoroughly enjoyed his music.
Air(French Band) - 'Moon Safari'; I heard this in a music store when it first came out (1998)and I was hooked.'La Femme D'Argent' is so wonderfully evocative...but you listen to it yourselves and see what it evokes for you;Great in the car.
Genesis - 'Nursery Cryme'; a vinyl album I sold to put food on the table and now replaced by a CD. Great memories for me usually associated with Jamaican roll-ups and chilling out after parties many moons ago.
I am off to see 'Les Bleus' hopefully beat 'gli Azzuri'.
Vive la France! Allez Allez!
2 Comments:
Bolleaux...nous avons perdu.Merde, Italiens sanglants.
What a cheese! Quelle fromage! (or something along those lines)
Post a Comment
<< Home