Gang Green...

We have a new addition to the household given to Mrs.Catto by a friend. It looks very nice but we have no idea what it is. Even No.1 son likes the plant and it will hopefully flourish.I guess we will have to trawl the web so as to identify it.

Close up of foliage from it's best angle.
Slowly but surely we are 'greening' the house with additional houseplants.Sadly, the garden looks a real mess but I have my plans for later this summer.We can get rid of the mower once I've given the back garden a makeover.More plants, less grass and a few tasteful paving stones plus some obligatory gravel.No bloody decking tho', it is a garden, not a sailing ship of yore. I have a yen for a couple of small fruit trees, a fig and possibly an apple tree. I achieved one ambtion last month and that was to buy an olive tree....It stands six inches high! Pride of place in the kitchen where it will receive lots of light and avoid draughts.
An interest in gardening is a sure sign of middle-age, well, for those who had no previous interest in all things green. From mowing the lawn, it has inexorably crept upon me...B&Q garden dept.,trowels and dibbers, reading gardening magazines. It'll be water features and sheds next. I shan't be trying ScareyDucks tomato experiment, I'll stick to other forms of manure.
TTFN.
1 Comments:
Ahhh... so my attitude towards gardening is the right one after all - I'm just in middle age denial!
Post a Comment
<< Home