Sunday, August 27, 2023

 A lovely quiet Sunday and I managed a lie in until 7 a.m. A cooked breakfast and straight into modelling after Sue chased me away from the garden and reminded me I have time to attend to it next week. I am afraid I have gone a little mad on the modelling front...


I have four builds on the go but there is a method to my madness as they are from left to right:

The Heinkel He 177 is awaiting a couple of decals, a light wash / weathering and is then completed.

The Focke Wulf Fw 190 D-9 is just awaiting a wash.

The Beaufighter on the stand has had filler and will need sanding next.

A Focke Wulf Fw 190 A-8 currently being built and a comparison to the other Fw 190. They are both late WW2 schemes with the A-8 based in Norway at wars end.



They will all likely be completed in the next week or so depending on the weather as I would like to spend some time sitting in the sunshine and soaking up the rays but a storm yesterday and showers again today. The media says summer is over but in the next article it will be so hot we will all melt! A bunch of charlatans and con artists.

I have been exploring the internet for local activities and over the next two weekends we have the https://www.lincswoldsandcoastchurches.org/ which I will pop out to. It clashes with the Viking weekend in Grimsby so I will have to be selective and possibly visit those churches that are rarely open to the public. I also have to visit my mum who has now finished another course of radiotherapy and is doing ok I'm pleased to say. I might opt for the Vikings only as a few days down in Essex the week after next involves a lot of driving and it is driving that causes me the most pain. We'll see how it pans out but I enjoyed the last Viking weekend and I am looking forward to this one. Hopefully good weather during September will allow me to visit a few places locally and I have been watching a couple of walks around Lincoln on you tube. I spent a lot of time in Lincoln but always working so a visit to the Cathedral and some of the more touristy bits including the ghost walk might be in order over the next couple of months.

Time for a cuppa, feet up and back to a good book.

TTFN.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home