Sunday, October 07, 2018


My latest build nearly completed this afternoon. Some more paint touch-ups to do, a light wash and the aerial to finish off this F4F-4 Wildcat. Sundays are now my modelling day although chores and odds n sods* to complete eat into that modelling time. We put some new blinds up today on the front window to ensure more privacy. Mrs C. reported two recent incidents; the woman who stopped and looked straight into the widow, waved at Mrs C and wished her a good morning was the nice incident. The homeless man off his face on drugs shouting at her another morning was the unpleasant encounter. So, privacy blinds up and hopefully we will have fewer gawpers stopping to stare in. Don't these people have televisions or computers they can gawp at?



The weather is decidedly odd at the moment, with warm days and cold nights. The latter I can certainly feel in my bones and I've started to add the layers. As an almost officially auld bugger I can recommend those extra layers and thermals! The past week has seen me adding to my caseload at work and now I have access to all systems I am catching up on the inevitable paperwork! We hot desk at work so I don't have one nominated desk to work from and my back is a little bit more achey than usual. I might have to request a more supportive chair as although we are out and about, there are days when we might be tied to the desk for 2 - 3 hours at a time. Particularly duty days when one responds to all contacts and queries coming in to the team.

On the home front No.1 son is again struggling with depression so he will be seeking help again next week. We discussed a possible plan to improve his life, that he stated he might study via the Open University and he will have better options for employment. He is considering studying physics as he enjoyed that at school and he is pretty good at maths. I have suggested he research his options and have a chat with the OU advisors regarding finances, etc...He knows I am considering a return to distance studying but nothing to do with health and social care as I can update my work knowledge skills from short on-line and real life courses. Classical studies and history are two options but I am also intrigued by fiction writing studies. There is no hurry for me and I will take my time looking at what is available. 


But I am settling in to a work routine and the rest of this year will be focused upon work with my days off focusing on modelling and reading my usual unchallenging rubbish books. This is my planned next build, the Boulton Paul Defiant in 1/72nd scale from Airfix which has long been a favourite of mine.  For a self confessed armour modelling guy I have been buying and building aircraft. The picture below shows some of the builds that will occupy me over the next few months but my problem will be where to display the finished builds. Particularly safe from feline inquisitiveness although touch wood I have been lucky so far.


Anyhow, showered and prepped for work tomorrow, feet up, sasquatch podcasts to listen to and a mug of fresh brewed coffee will be my Sunday evening. I wish you all a good week to come.
TTFN.

* New kitchen sink required, garden wall to rebuild, new garden gate, complete the garden tidy up, etc...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Blue Witch said...

Glad to hear it is going well for you, but sorry to hear about your son.

12:13 pm  
Blogger delcatto said...

Thank you BW. We'll persevere and hopefully things will improve for him.

6:22 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home