Sunday, August 12, 2018


As we are experiencing much needed rain albeit with greatly reduced temperatures, I practiced clear coating some of the older models with Pledge polish via the airbrush. It is milky, smells nice and I was initially apprehensive using this. Looking at the test models today and I am very pleased with the result. It leaves a protective gloss coat which for armoured vehicles should preferably be applied once painting and decals are completed. The clear coat then protects that and provides a base for further painting (oils) and weathering. A dull coat would then protect that without the glossiness although the latter is good for the hull of the trawler. I'll continue to tidy up the paintwork especially that white line and add the decals and the last of the rigging lines before calling this complete. No where near competition standard but I am happy with my first boat model and my nod towards local history.


My usual view when I am modelling with the inevitable cup of tea or coffee to hand and the feline overseers are around and about. Sherlock currently smells of floor polish as he leapt on to the desk mid spray! I usually keep the moggies away when I am spraying because I don't want them acquiring any health issues from my hobby. I wear a mask when spraying as well as when cleaning up the airbrush using cleaner and water. I also keep the doors or windows open although it tends to be the glues and enamel thinners that smell the strongest.


      Watson supervising my work in progress.

In other news, No.1 son has a job interview next week and I have two further interviews towards the end of the month. I have my fingers crossed that my recent interview will be successful but I have no idea why it is taking so long. Rather than dwell on it I am focusing on enjoying my hobbies and pottering about because when I do eventually return to work my time may be limited. Talking of time, my mother is on medication for the kidney stone and she feels better as well as pleased with the cooler weather. But a visit needs to be arranged to pop down and see her. A slow fuel conscious journey down and check everything is alright as well as catch up with the rest of the family.

TTFN.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Blue Witch said...

Glad your Mum is doing better.

'Feline overseers' made me smile.

7:18 pm  
Blogger Scoakat said...

I'm also glad your mother is feeling better, I'm sure she'll enjoy a visit.

10:58 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home