Saturday, August 18, 2018



Here is the finished trawler, well...I decided to do no more to it despite a couple of more things I hoped to add but less may be more here.



I kept knocking off the flag staff so I have now put it up on display. As you may not be surprised to hear I have already started on the next build, one which I have been anticipating for a while. Below is the work I did yesterday and inevitably it is a tank. Luckily I have a small stash of kits to keep me going and I now take more time so as to enjoy the build and make it last.


The good news is that No.1 son has passed his interview for a delivery driving job. It is temporary but may become permanent after the new year. He has a driving assessment next week and all being well he can then start. He enjoys driving and he wants to become a HGV driver so this will be good practice for him on the smaller trucks. Perhaps I can read a positive omen into this?

I have also become enamoured of two sports on TV and over the past several weeks I have avidly watched them both; darts and baseball! The former I have watched on and off for years but with my current poor sleep I find it very relaxing and the late night baseball also caught my attention. I am gradually coming to grips with the rules although it is still bewildering at times. It certainly helps me drop off in my armchair, usually with Sherlock kipping on my chest. Now. if they showed late night test match cricket I would certainly sleep well. Although I played cricket when I was younger it never really excited me although I enjoyed bowling. Playing for the school in a match where I was a last minute replacement I was amazed to bowl three out for two runs in one over followed by another two wickets later in the match. I put that down to the coaching we had from an excellent teacher at my junior school who was cricket mad. It always makes me smile because a friend dragged me to a local cricket club in my late teens after he'd recounted this story to club members. Cajoled into having a try out and with club members watching I bowled out their best batsman with my first ball and then another one with a further one going for a catch. I found something I was good at but I had and still have no interest in! I preferred rugby and football and with the various aches and pains I have these days from rugby and cycling (crashes) perhaps I should have gone for cricket. Given the problems I have with my neck and shoulders I doubt I could bowl a balloon these days. 
 I must away as darts will soon be on and as I watch little TV I shall be monopolising it for a change this evening. 
TTFN.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home