A16....or A4?

"I HAVE AN APPOINTMENT ON THE A16".
A whinge again about drivers.
Rain, huge gusts of wind and little visibility is not an invitation to emulate F1, especially not on single lane back of beyond roads as the A16 often feels like. The middle-aged harridan in the s reg. rover will meet my large foot if I ever encounter her again...tailgate me... you twat!
Apart from that...
(brushes back hair and regains composure)
Hello folks. A few days off and a break from the grindstone that is mental health.
Our motto...'More palatable than prozac' or, 'modern, dependable, inclusive and forward thinking'. Nothing like a pithy catchphrase to reassure
'Taking a 21st century approach to mental health' could be another catchphrase. Nearly eight years in to the century with 92 years to go. So if terrorism, global warming, regional wars, new epidemics, enforced community treatment and DNA fiddling are the 21st century answers in the future....lets have another look at that question. Mind you, the answers to current problems in mental health appear to involve lots of papers with little boxes to fill in. As the philosophy moves further away from the medical model of MH, the paperwork increases to prove we are doing the work. The axiom of one hour clinical face-to-face work with the person = 2 hours paperwork.
Change = progress, therefore continual change must equal a progressive, dynamic excellent service. I've come to the conclusion that all nurses wear invisible rollerskates because we are continually told we're moving forwards. Judging by the increasingly loud noise we are hearing, the juggernaut that is the NHS is reversing into a cul-de-sac. I shouldn't moan too much because caring, sharing tree hugger Dave and his Eton trifles would ensure the wheels fell off and were flogged to the highest bidder.
Anyhow, I have a beer and a DVD awaiting my perusal.
TTFN.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home