Third attempt…
I have had problems logging into google to upload any new entries to the blog over the last couple of days but today it seems ok. We have the standard default UK weather, cold, damp and drizzling rain with grey cloudy skies but it is February after all. I airbrushed a couple of the builds this morning and I had no problems with the airbrush apart from again using the pliers to remove the needle. I padded the pliers with tape to avoid any damage to the needle, thoroughly cleaned the needle and airbrush parts with cleaner and it worked fine. Stripped and cleaned it after each use and that should hopefully keep it in good order.
The Spitfire canopy doesn’t fit so fettling was required and I will fill the gap at the rear of it. Looking online and the fit is an issue as the canopy isn’t correct for this model. It was cheap and it honours Douglas Bader who famously flew combat missions despite having lost his legs. I admire his qualities as a pilot and fighter but I don’t think I would have liked him as a person. The second model is the Saab Viggen which was sprayed bright red and the kit isn’t great but it will do. But the airbrushing with a new needle in the Neo Iwata airbrush is good practice for when I spray the Stuka upper surfaces. As that is so big on the table I need a day when the cats are occupied elsewhere and there is a reduced chance of them jumping up to investigate!
I do have a few Spitfires in the stash plus several I have built over the years. The Seafires are the naval version and there are two in that box with a Pegasus kit as part of the purchase. I follow several yt modelling vloggers and some are rather sniffy about these older short run kits from small manufacturers but I really like them. You need some passion and perhaps some vision to build the machinery to produce these model kits in your garage.
I have had two nights using the CBD gummies and it’s too early to say how effective they are. I’ll take them for the next two weeks and see how they are.
TTFN.



2 Comments:
I love reading your modelling posts, even though it is something I know I will never try.
- BW
Thanks BW. I use it as a record of builds and it allows me to see what progress I have or haven’t made as I model. I very nearly wrote ‘on my modelling journey’ but public sector middle management speak, no thank you!
Post a Comment
<< Home