Current update on the Stuka build with the underneath airbrushed in light blue and flaps cemented to the port wing. The latter took several attempts as they kept falling off and I eventually applied some CA glue. The photo shows the relative scales with the Stuka at 1/24, a Spitfire Mk.V in 1/48 scale yet to receive paint and a current supposedly quick OOB build and lastly, a 1/72 scale Spitfire. The Stuka is slowly coming along as my big winter build and I am enjoying the more leisurely build.
In other news, I have ordered some CBD gummies to help with my various aches and pains. I had previously tried CBD oil which was a present for my mum but she didn’t get on with it and she passed it back to me. It certainly helped with sleep but I hope this will help as an adjunct to pain relief. I’ll see how it goes but I’ll also look at other natural remedies that might help. Hopefully with this and once we have better weather I will get out more. Otherwise we have survived a generally dull grey and damp January although there are predictions for more cold weather to come. Happily, the days are getting longer. Work has also started on the old Haven Mill opposite us with the two large fire escapes removed over the weekend. The plan is to convert the building into flats and alongside the building of the new housing estate noisy and disruptive work continues. Progress I guess…You will have to excuse me if I sound less than ebullient but I heard the news yesterday of the death of an old friend and work colleague and I am still trying to let it sink in. He had a troubled few years but these last several years he found peace and tranquility so it is a shock to hear of his death. It’s the cycle of life so best we enjoy whilst we can.
TTFN.


2 Comments:
I'm sorry to hear of your friend. But, as you say, it is the cycle of life, and it seems to be more apparent the older we get.
Good luck with the CBD. I've done some of those gummies, and the THC ones. I haven't noticed a difference but I've probably not taken them regularly enough.
Glad you're enjoying your modeling, seems like a good winter hobby.
Thanks Scott, the news shocked me but sadly it is to be expected as we get older.
Post a Comment
<< Home