After all the shenanigans of the holiday period it is the quiet aftermath. No.1 son back from Sweden and to good news as he starts his HGV training with the company he works for. He is also applying for an Irish passport so we spent a couple of hours going through family history. As my British passport has run out I might apply for an Irish one as he reminded me I have both Irish and British citizenship. I’ll wait until next year to do any travels as hopefully once I have my state pension added to my NHS pension I can afford to travel. That does depend on the current government not changing the goalposts again.
The Stuka build is ongoing and at a slow pace as cementing parts, filling and sanding takes time to get it correct in such a large scale.
The wings and tail are glued to the fuselage and it has been left to set fully before I do any other work on it. The engine and crew are dry fitted as I plan to airbrush the main body and assorted parts before any further assembly. I had the CD player on after digging out my old CD’s and rediscovering music I haven’t listed to for a few years. Fairport Convention, Fleetwood Mac and Led Zeppelin sounding good in the background. I had considered rejoining Spotify but decided to save my money and I can always find secondhand CD’s in the charity shops. Mind you, the charity shops seem to be shutting down as well which is not a good sign.
TTFN.

5 Comments:
If the government do change the goalposts again, they will have to give more notice than one year. Look what happened over the WASPI women - it's still going on!
- BW
It is dreadful what was done to them, Sue is one of them.
I don't plan on getting to retire. My wife says I will one day, but I just don't want to get my hopes up.
Are things that bad Scott? I don’t know much about US pensions. Do you get a state or federal pension?
We do have social security, a small federal pension, that we pay into out of every paycheck but has been on the verge of running out of money for a couple decades now. Certainly not enough to live on. Employer pensions mostly disappeared around 20 years ago.
I didn't go to college, never made a ton of money. We do have a nest egg, more than many these days, though definitely not enough for me to be comfortable if I were retired more than a few years.
But, my wife says I'm negative about it. I just really don't want to get my hopes up. Sometimes it feels like everything I do have could just fall apart.
Post a Comment
<< Home