Thursday, January 01, 2026

 Happy New Year and best wishes for 2026!


Despite the noisy fireworks the cats coped generally well with it all although the tremendously loud bangs at midnight woke them all up. I sat up with them and watched a couple of podcasts and I generally avoided the celebrations. I have been to many over the years and I prefer a quiet night in, getting old I guess! The laser pen kept the youngsters happy and eventually tired but, over the past week the cat who loves to chase it is Maisie. She has discovered a new lease of life as an older cat indoors. She no longer likes the cold and damp winters and after ten minutes of chasing the red dot she is tired but very happy.



The 1/24 scale Stuka is slowly coming together and it is a big beast when compared to the 1/72 Tiger Moth. Parts are dry fitted as I intend to airbrush the interior before cementing it together although washes will be required to highlight parts and brush painting colours in for the pipes, etc…No modelling today as once again we attempted to fix the washing machine outlet pipe. New parts needed and we’ll buy those tomorrow. It’s not a major job but needs attending to. Otherwise I shall be watching the darts on TV and Sue is preparing a roast beef dinner for later. One thing always guaranteed following Christmas is reduced prices on the food and she immediately snapped this up when she saw it for sale.

Hopefully a quiet, peaceful and happy start to 2026 for us all.

TTFN.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year! I didn't know that there are such things as laser pens for cats, until I looked it up.

- BW

3:35 pm  
Blogger delcatto said...

The cats love it, keeps them active.

5:37 pm  
Blogger Scoakat said...

Happy New Year to you and Sue! Yeah, we have a few of them around here. Tires them out pretty well, and good stimulation for them.

8:13 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home