Wednesday, December 03, 2025

 He’s back, in fact Ash has popped by yesterday and today but we haven’t let him in after the conniptions from four of our five moggies. Even Maisie who is usually quite phlegmatic about life was upset by his visit. To add to the fun today Winnie escaped but I quickly got her back in.


I am slowly getting there with the little Tiger Moth having attached the upper wing to the struts but it took several attempts and taped into place to ensure it maintains position and the struts don’t disconnect. I completed that yesterday but left it well alone until today with a small touch of spruce goo at the connecting points on the struts for extra strength. The fragile undercarriage is cemented together but again the struts have to be manipulated into place and held there. Lots of patience required and I will continue with it tomorrow whilst I attend to the other two builds today. All is quiet, the cats are sleeping or out and about, Jethro Tull playing quietly in the background and a welcome coffee at hand. 

Sue was searching for something yesterday and she opened the large pouffe in the front room where we discovered lots of forgotten treasures. I found an old ‘Food for Free’ book by Richard Mabey, a pocket sized book with guidance to edible plants, fungi, berries and shellfish. Suitable health and safety advice included! But I can’t recall buying this so it must be from many years ago. The usual Elder, Nettles and Rosehips are there but many others and it is fascinating with preparation and recipes included as well.We also found old computer games that Sue used to play plus stacks of DVD’s. Despite a clear out of unwanted stuff a couple of years ago there is obviously more that can be donated to charity shops or binned, perhaps some recycled. I recycle the large cat food boxes into display shelves for my models or for the model desk. I feel a new year clear out might be required.

Sue has put the Christmas tree up with the lights on but no baubles as the cats chase them around the house. Each morning we wake up to a variety of things scattered on various floors including the sealant from the double glazed windows which the two little Freds love and Winnie has taken to chewing curtains and rugs. I am hopeful that once she is going out again this behaviour will stop and we still have to maintain UN duties as Mindy continues to stalk and attack her whilst she in turn is stalked and attacked by Wilf! Bets on how long the tree will stay up before succumbing to feline savagery!

TTFN.


3 Comments:

Blogger Scoakat said...

Lost treasures can be interesting, but in my case probably junk I just haven't dealt with yet.

Kittenitis, it can last a few years to several, but does get better with time. And you have good patience. Do watch out for the pica behaviors, though.

12:13 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That 'Food for Free' little book is excellent. I have a copy somewhere, but haven't opened it for years.

What was the rationale behind such a brightly coloured plane?

Cat wars. Good luck!

- BW

10:02 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks folks. Ash frightened the life out of Sue early hours. She had the front window open, heard a very loud thump and when she checked, he had attempted to jump in through the small open window!

Yes, kitten / cat wars. It’s the territory marking that is annoying. One of them sprayed the coffee machine which needed a thorough deep clean yesterday.

It was a training aircraft BW, I guess the bright colours identified it as such to other aircraft. I do like these brightly coloured ones. The book is fascinating, especially about mushrooms.

1:48 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home