Thursday, August 22, 2024

 I was thinking the other day when did I last write a letter and seeing BW’s latest missive about postage stamps it prompted me to blog today. I sent cards at Christmas but I cannot recall when I last wrote and sent a letter to anyone. There was a time when I was a prolific letter writer and I recall having a pen pal in Pietermaritzburg, South Africa when I was a kid. Travelling and living abroad I sent and received many letters but with 'progress', emails, face time and mobiles have taken over. I can't help but feel we have lost something.

Progress on the Fokker E III is slow but steady although the wings might be an issue as there are two small tabs for the holes to connect to the fuselage. Ordinarily I would drill out, add a thinned sprue or metal rod but there is little space within which to do this. The bracing wires will hopefully help with it but we'll see.



I have also made further progress with the M10 Tank Destroyer as the hull has olive drab paint airbrushed on.


Again, slow work but an enjoyable build so far although the external bolts I now realise I glued in the wrong way round. I will have to remove them and drill out the holes and reapply correctly. Most people would not notice but I will and so will fellow armour modellers. 


I also bought a more modern aircraft, a Hawker Hunter from the fifties / sixties as it is a plane I have long liked and this was offered at a reduced price. Hooked and reeled me in!

I have no idea what is happening news wise as I have avoided social media and the news so for all I know Putin could have reached Berlin by now and Starmer resigned to take up trout fishing in the Hebrides.

TTFN.





2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We only send letters to older people. And there aren't many of them left!

Almost no-one (except me) of any age sends birthday cards these days, and I have now decided that, going forward, only people who send me one will get one.

The braying mobs (actual and online) that fill Britain these days make me disgusted with my fellow Brits. And the fact that one now has no right to comment on it without fear of being imprisoned appalls me.

- BW

7:42 am  
Blogger delcatto said...

Absolutely agree BW, the Stasi have openly moved in.

Yes, letters to elderly people but sadly I have only one elderly Aunt left and she has taken to emails and the internet like a duck to water!

Birthday greeting seem to be via social media these days.

11:25 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home