Full of a lousy summer cold but as the weather is cloudy and wet it matches my mood.
The current build (Sopwith Tabloid) is proving to be very difficult and I have had to walk away from it twice to prevent me launching it towards the wide blue yonder. The first occasion saw much of the upper wing fitted but then the wing fell off taking many of the struts with it when Sherlock launched himself onto the table. Not his fault as he was away from the build but surprised me. The second time was this morning when the struts fell out. I have now re-attached the struts and glued the upper wing onto some of the outer struts only, put it away safe from me and felines to allow the glue to set. I will use tweezers to manipulate the other struts into place and glue them individually. It will take time but it is worth the extra effort and to be honest, attaching struts, wings and rigging on biplanes always takes time and perseverance. I have taken out the two 1/48 scale Fokker Eindeckers from the stash and I might start on the earlier 'cruder' model. Crude in terms of the moulding, a good practice mule perhaps for building. I have built a 1/72 Eindecker which was a joy to model and I have several of these aircraft models in various scales.
In other news, I have been avoiding social media apart from the usual modelling, paranormal and history videos I watch because the world has gone crazy. What a shambles. I expected this government to be an 'interesting' one compared with the last lot of useless clowns but...It beggars belief that the first month in power sees two tier Kier and the upper sixth committee of prefects considering widespread censorship and criminalising huge swathes of ordinary people. If you're jailing those who assault the police, destroy property and make threats towards others, surely that should apply to all? The handcart to hell has now got an engine attached.
Moving on, I am enjoying the Michael Palin diary so much that I bought volume two and I will start on that this weekend as I have nearly finished reading the first volume 'The Python Years'. The book has brought back some memories of seventies London and sent me down the rabbit hole looking up people and stories from that time.
Time for a strong coffee having put the model away and I have ordered some fishing line, a decal fixer as a reviewer stated the decals for the early Eduard kit disintegrate when attempting to apply them and a book about the Eindeckers and pilots during 1915 - 16.
The roadworks continue and there is almost a permanent queue of traffic outside the house with the noise, pollution and raised angry voices. Why do those who play loud music from their cars have such awful taste in music? Rhetorical question as the answer is they are selfish inconsiderate dickheads.
TTFN.

8 Comments:
Sounds like lots of frustration, you have my sympathies.
This Blogger comments box 'update' is not at all helpful. Entering details every time if you dont have a Blogger account is tedious in the extreme. I might start having to comment as anonymous.
They think their music is awesome and so you should, too. I was a young dickhead once. (Some may say I'm just an old dickhead now!) I still have my moments of loud music when driving, but less loud and windows down these days.
*I meant windows up, sorry.
I wonder if this change in Blogger has stopped me uploading photos? I can do it on the iPad but not this mac.I didn't realise you had to enter your details each time BW when commenting. It must be annoying but if you put BW at the start of any comment when you are anonymous we'll know it's you.
I suspect my music would be the same Scott but I have no desire to play classical music at loud volume. I tend to listen to that in the car these days.
Yeah, but the music was much much much better in the old days!
And I reckon you'd know it was me commenting even if I didn't sign off!
- BW
Yeah, but the music was much much much better in the old days!
I tried to comment anonymously, but it just tells me there is a problem when I hit 'publish'. Progress, eh?!
Except that it did work. Oh FFS!!!
Lol BW. Yes, that's progress and yes, I'd probably guess it was you.
Post a Comment
<< Home