Saturday, August 03, 2024


 

As the rain poured down this morning I added the ribbing to the wings on the Sopwith Tabloid, cutting out thin strips of tape and placing them to run on top of each rib. I can then airbrush another shade of paint on the wings and then remove the tape leaving lighter ribbing before I add a protective clear coat. There is already a layer of acrylic paint on the wings and a layer of clear coat so a labour intensive task but the effect looks very realistic.


I have stopped for now as Sherlock wanted cuddles and reassurance. The little bugger stayed out all night, as did Maisie and Mindy escaped outside until 1 a.m when I finally got her in, hence I am very tired. We don't mind the two oldies being out as they are generally cautious and avoid the roads and people. Mindy lacks any common sense and gets herself locked in houses, sheds, etc...

I will continue with the painting tomorrow as I have already broken one rigging wire and knocked a small piece of PE  and a strut off, the latter two are now mended but the rigging can wait. The rigging is elasticated line and is attached using CA (super) glue and needs a very delicate touch to avoid creating a mess. I am too tired to deal with that so a coffee and back to reading Michael Palin's diary.

TTFN.


2 Comments:

Anonymous Blue Witch said...

I miss tabbiness. Lovely fur colours there.

8:50 am  
Blogger delcatto said...

He is gorgeous but grey is starting to show through. He's 10 1/2 years old.

12:41 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home