Well, it's all over bar the recriminations from various parties and the gloating of the winners. I sat up until 1 a.m. and retired to bed as sleep overtook me. Let's see how it pans out over the next five years...
More progress on the Wellington with clear parts glued in and props dry fitted. Several small parts still needed and then further paints and clear coats. A great build with a good fit of parts although I haven't yet applied the decals and hopefully they are just as good as the rest of the kit.
This should take me a few more days to complete and I am now considering the next build. As BW has said, I am glad of this hobby as a distraction from the craziness out there. I am also again listening to Inspector McLevy which is available on you tube, a series I discovered a few years ago on BBC Radio 4 extra. I also have his self penned book somewhere about the various crimes he investigated as a police inspector in Edinburgh. I can thoroughly recommend both the audio series and the book. Brian Cox is the actor playing McLevy and he also played the original Hannibal Lector as well as being a Shakespearian actor. Jean Brash, the keeper of a Bawdy House is played by Siobhan Redmond, an actress I have a great fondness for and I met on one occasion many years ago.
The aircraft model put away safe from furry paws and I am hoping the sun comes out this afternoon so I can spend some time in the garden.
TTFN.


2 Comments:
I'm amazed how much of your (wider) area is still Blue.
Rural backwater Lincolnshire, I guess a distrust of the 'Metropolitan types', retirees escaping the cities, a strong sense of community and a strong sense of having an English identity. It used to be bomber county and a lot of ex-services live here. Our new MP Melanie Onn was previously the incumbent before Lia Nici who has now vacated the feathered gold plated nest won but with a reduced majority.
Post a Comment
<< Home