Slow progress made even slower by a rookie error…I closed up the fuselage and then realised I hadn’t fitted the turrets or the rear wheel in. Cue the mess and bodgery and finally the turrets are in but cemented into place. The rear wheel has fallen out again and I will come back to that.
Seams have had flexi glue added, sanded, sprue goo added, sanded and now more sprue goo. I don’t want to sand out the surface details so this is a slow job with careful gentle sanding. Quite enjoyable but we shall see how it goes.
Both wheel bays brush painted (first coat) and prepared for insertion to the wings and now set aside as the furry supervisor Sherlock demanded immediate attention. The sun is shining and I am off out to soak up the sun. After yesterdays shock with Sue setting fire to the kitchen but thankfully she put it out and my car in for a service today, I need a lie down.
TTFN.




5 Comments:
"After yesterdays shock with Sue setting fire to the kitchen but thankfully she put it out"
No, seriously, tell us about that!
She put some burgers on the grill and went into the front room. She was gone longer than expected and she returned and found the grill alight, kitchen full of smoke and then the smoke alarm went off. Gas turned off and a wet tea towel thrown over it. Clean up operation took some time, smoke gets everywhere! She actually had Wagyu burgers on as a treat as we’d never had those before.
The second shock is how much work is needed on my car and the cost! If I didn’t need the car I would give it up but public transport is terrible and not convenient.
Oh good grief - that sounds like something I would do... but glad all is OK.
Are you getting a new smoke alarm? Your local fire service will visit to do a free survey of your current provision/positioning and may even provide new/supplementary ones for free.
Cars and costs - R4 yesterday lunchtime were doing a programme about the phenomenal increase in costs.
Yes, new smoke alarm today and following previous toast related smoke alarms they had already advised the best place for it! Perhaps Sue qualifies for a free one as a pensioner?
Yes, I was shocked and I actually considered scrapping the car but we will need it for at least another year. The cost of parts and repairs is shocking with insurance going up and undoubtedly car tax will rise in the next year or so. I might opt for an adult trike by then as being more economical, better for my health and the environment. I will look for that R4 programme.
Certainly in SX and Numberland fire service provide all pensioners with free advice and smoke alarms.
Because we live in a loooong house, when they came out to give us advice (because the idiot builders failed to install the required alarms in the new bit so it failed Building Control inspection) they made us have 10 separate ones (some smoke, some carbon monoxide), including one of each in the (attached) garage. We laughed because the builder then had to pay for all of them!!!
Building regs now say that new houses or extensions have to have a smoke detector within 2m of the door of all bedrooms.
Watch out for the apologist woman from the motor trade on the R4 programme talking about the cost to them of a 200 litre drum of engine oil - do the sums and work out how much profit they make on what they charge customers.
Post a Comment
<< Home