Thursday, August 15, 2024


 

Hooray! The Sopwith Tabloid 1/48 scale is finally finished. After repairing the struts and rigging for the umpteenth time and sanding down the propeller, I added a thinned wash and later a pin oil wash to accentuate the ribbing on the wings. It has been a challenging build and whilst I waited for various things to set, including the cabane struts cemented in one each day, I started on an armoured model, the M10 Tank Destroyer. This will keep me busy for a couple of weeks and I will look through the stash for the next WW1 aircraft build. It might be one of the monoplanes although many of them still require rigging.



Not a great deal to say as when the sun is out, I sit in the garden and read a book or chill with the moggies. But today has been overcast and cooler than of late so time for modelling, reading and music. A colleague keeps me informed about work and I remain happily retired and disinterested in nursing. 

Back to the book, the second diary of Michael Palin and a welcome cuppa.

TTFN.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Blue Witch said...

"I remain happily retired and disinterested in nursing. "
Yay!

9:42 am  
Blogger delcatto said...

It is weird, given how many years in nursing but I feel like I sloughed off an old skin and discarded it in a dusty wadi somewhere as I begin afresh.

3:51 pm  
Blogger Scoakat said...

I've heard of Palin's books elsewhere. I hate to admit that other than reading news and sports I've been terrible about reading since the pandemic.

You sound content, I'm happy for you. I hope to have that someday.

11:36 pm  
Blogger delcatto said...

Thank you. Yes, content but also lazy, enjoying a quiet and settled life.

6:33 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home