The canopy I ordered for the fourth Gladiator build finally arrived today after battling its way through the Xmas post. Decals applied and I have noticed one is skewiff from the photo and the canopy glued in place using white glue. Some tidying up required and a light weathering plus the rigging. The decals are for a Free French aircraft in North Africa in 1942. The aluminium paint on most of the aircraft is a wax that is painted on and becomes shinier when rubbed but it does also rub off. I will have to see what I can use to seal it once completed.
The Fokker Dr 1 Triplane from yesterday...
The top wing is loosely dry fitted and the plastic was originally red but sprayed white by the previous owner hence the pink tinge! I plan to mask and airbrush the aircraft before further assembly and hopefully this should be easier than building the complete kit and then airbrushing.
We popped out this morning to the local mall for some further Xmas shopping (Sue) and to investigate the coffee being sold in T K Maxx (me). Sue absolutely hates the shop so she went off on her own. I bought some Cuban coffee beans and French ground coffee but we called it a day after Sue's shopping as the place is soulless and despite it being one week before the big day, it was relatively quiet. We plan to buy the necessary stuff (vegetables, milk and bread) for the day itself later this week and then avoid the shops until the new year. Unsurprisingly, it still does not feel like Xmas for me and I shall play some traditional carols each day to try to inculcate some of the spirit of Xmas. I suspect it won't work but worth a try.
Cats news: Sherlock attacked Maisie the other day so that she couldn't be near me; Maisie attacked Mindy and lacking any smaller animal to attack, Mindy crapped on the hallway carpet. Delightful! Happily, peace has been restored and they are back to barely tolerating each other.
TTFN.


3 Comments:
Such small detail work would be the opposite of relaxing to me, I think.
Don't feel bad about not being excited about Xmas. I think we're all jaded about it a bit by this age, and many factors can affect what we make of it. And that's fine.
Have you the Feliway plugged in?
Thanks Scott, yes a bit jaded about it all. The dark and damp doesn't help either.
The Feliway will go on prior to the NYE fireworks as that's when they will really need it.
It's hard to be festive when you have so much so challenging going on. Probably best to just go with the flow and do what feels right at any time.
Post a Comment
<< Home