A brief modelling update, primarily as a record for myself with the SE 5a substantially built, rigged and brush painted. I will do an oil wash to bring the colours together, probably a brownish oil paint and once that is dry I can apply the decals and add the final pieces. A delightful build (Revell) and the rigging went on quickly and easily with a decent CA glue.
The Caproni Ca 101 has had some plastic filler added around the engines and behind the cockpit. Once set I can sand and continue with the painting. I intend to make a template for the rounded blue shape on the fuselage as well as masks to apply the rest of the blue paint. Decals and weathering will be added so both of these builds should be completed over the next few days. I will consider what to build next once I return from Essex, possibly one of the larger models but we shall see.
A day of listening to podcasts (M R James ghost stories) planned as I avoid the countdown to the FOTCR (Trademark Blue Witch) which seems to consist of ever louder, more garish and gender/race/ age/ disability balanced impossibly perfect adverts featuring lots of smiles, laughter, snow, cute animals (Racoons in the UK?) and happy, happy people untouched by the current nonsense happening in the slow collapse of the west. Sue says I am a grumpy old man, I prefer to think I can see the nonsense for what it is. Having said all that I am looking forward to a quiet family Christmas spent at home. As I grow older I find I prefer the traditional approach to Christmas and dislike the lies and fantasy sold by the media which is ever searching the exciting next thing to fill fifteen minutes of time before moving on.
TTFN.


2 Comments:
I can't believe that lots of people have their tasteless decorational crap up already.
I'm proud to be grumpy! It's better than being gullible...
Lol. Yes, my preference too and the decorations are going up day by day in this area as well!
Post a Comment
<< Home